Garrison Honors Center
The Garrison Honors Center (GHC) is home to the OCC Honors Program and sixteen academic honor societies. Located at the geographical center of the campus near the new Planetarium and the Global Engagement Center, GHC study and meeting facilities are available for use by students enrolled in any of the honors organizations at OCC, as well as their guests.
The GHC hosts two major Honors Open House events each year: the first before the start of the fall semester and a second before the start of the spring semester. All current and prospective OCC students are welcome to attend. Student leaders from many of the honors organizations will describe the activities and opportunities available through their societies, answer questions, and to provide applications.
Academic Honor Societies
After completing 12 units of letter-graded coursework at OCC, current students who attained minimum cumulative GPAs of 3.0 or higher are invited to explore their honor society eligibility. Membership is not automatic but is available to students who meet the minimum academic requirements and who wish to apply. Be sure to submit applications and fee payments by established deadlines. Permanent memberships will be notated on official transcripts. Associate degree and certificate candidates may be recognized by their colorful displays of honors regalia (cords, stoles, medallions or tassels) worn with OCC’s navy cap and gown at the spring commencement ceremonies.
OCC has established chapters of the following honor societies:
- Alpha Beta Gamma – International Business Honor Society
- Alpha Gamma Sigma – California Scholastic Honor Society
- Alpha Mu Gamma – Foreign Language Honor Society
- Eta Eta Omicron – OCC Marine Science Honor Society
- Mu Alpha Theta – National Mathematics Honor Society
- Mu Delta Rho – OCC Pre-Health Professions Honor Society
- National Technical Honor Society – STEM and CTE
- Omega Psi Sigma – OCC Pre-Law and Political Science Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Mu – OCC Social and Behavioral Sciences Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa – International Honor Society of the Two-Year College
- Pi Rho Sigma – OCC Music Honor Society
- Pi Tau Epsilon – OCC Film and Visual Arts Honor Society
- Psi Beta – National Psychology Honor Society
- SALUTE – Veterans’ Honor Society
- Sigma Chi Eta – National Communications Honor Society
- Sigma Kappa Delta – National English Honor Society
To learn more about Honors at OCC, visit the Garrison Honors Center or contact us by phone/email: 714-432-5601, firstname.lastname@example.org.