Academic Catalogs

Counseling Services

Counseling appointments serve the needs of students seeking academic and/or career counseling. Appointments may be made in person at the Counseling Counter on the third floor of Watson Hall; by telephone at (714) 432-5078, or by visiting our website at For further counseling information call (714) 432-5078.

Resource Desk

A resource desk is located in the Counseling Center on the third floor of Watson Hall and is staffed by a credentialed counselor during most day and evening hours. The resource counselor cannot respond to questions that require a student‘s records but is otherwise available to provide information and assistance. You may come in person to the resource desk, or for assistance, call (714) 432-5078.

Transfer Center

The Transfer Center provides comprehensive services and resources to assist students in preparation to transfer to four-year universities. It includes access to transfer counseling, transfer related workshops, application assistance, campus tours, and individual appointment with an admission representative from various four-year universities. The Transfer Center also hosts transfer fairs throughout the year. “Transfer Day” is the largest fair held in the fall semester with representatives on campus from more than 80 four year universities from both California and out-of-state universities! The Transfer Center is located on the second floor of Watson Hall, Room 215. For more information, call (714) 432-5894.


Workshops, offered on an ongoing basis, focus on topics of interest to both new and returning students. Workshop schedules are available in the Counseling Center.


The Counseling Division provides instruction in career and personal development, offering a variety of credit courses that support the developmental needs of both new and returning students. Counseling courses are offered both day and evening and are articulated for transfer the same as courses offered in other divisions. Courses are listed under “Counseling” in this catalog and the class schedule.

Petition Processing

A petition is a request for special action and is processed through the Counseling Center. Petitions for Credit by Examination, Waiver of Requirements, Excessive Units and Academic Renewal are available in the Counseling Center.