Human Resource Management, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_HMHR
Control Number: 16886
Gain insight into decision making skills, and organizational understanding for advancement or employment in a human resource role.
Complete the Human Resource Manangement Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
- The outcome for the certificate of achievement is to prepare students for employment within the hotel industry the area of human resources.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|HTT A105||Passport to Success||3|
|HTT A130||Cultural Tourism||3|
|HTT A150||Travel and Tourism Career Development||3|
|HTT A284||Leadership and Strategic Management||3|
|HTT A180||Enhancing Guest Service||3|
|HTT A185||Interviewing and Professional Development||3|
|HTT A288||Human Resource Managemt||3|
|HTT A290||California Employment Law||3|
|HTT A227||Hotel Internship||4|
|HTT A285||Hospitality Operations||3|
|HTT A286||Hosp/Travel/Tour Law||3|
|Program Major Units||34|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|