Sales and Marketing Specialist, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_HMME
Control Number: 10278
Develop essential skills necessary for advancement or employment within a sales or marketing role in the hospitality, event, or meeting management industries.
Complete the Sales and Marketing Specialist Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
- The outcome for the certificate of achievement is to prepare students for employment within the hospitality, travel, or tourism industries in a sales or marketing capacity.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|HTT A130||Cultural Tourism||3|
|HTT A150||Taking Off in Travel||3|
|HTT A180||Enhancing Guest Service||3|
|HTT A284||Leadership and Strategic Management||3|
|HTT A105||Passport to Success||3|
|HTT A157||Tour Escorting and Group Travel||3|
|HTT A185||Interviewing and Professional Development||3|
|HTT A285||Hospitality Operations||3|
|HTT A138||Sharing the Travel Experience||3|
|HTT A227||Hotel Internship||4|
|HTT A240||Hospitality and Toursim Marketing||3|
|HTT A265||Principles of Event and Meeting Management||1.5|
|HTT A266||Organize and Manage Events and Meetings||1.5|
Sales and Marketing Specialist Suggested Electives
|CMST A100||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|HTT A199||Current Issues in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism||0.5-1.5|
|HTT A299||Certified Travel Associate||3|
|SPAN A180||Elementary Spanish 1||5|
|Program Major Units||37|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|