Academic Catalogs

Service Complaint

Orange Coast College and its employees make every effort to serve students and the community courteously and efficiently, while acting in accordance with Coast Community College District policies as well as federal and state laws.

Individuals dissatisfied with an Orange Coast College employee, department, or process should make a reasonable effort to resolve the matter on an informal basis with the personnel involved as soon as possible. If addressing the complaint informally does not lead to satisfactory resolution, individuals may escalate their complaint to the appropriate supervisor. If, after discussing the matter with the appropriate supervisor, individuals are not satisfied with the outcome, they may file a Service Complaint Form so the appropriate administrator can respond and investigate the complaint.

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved on the campus level. This is the quickest and most successful way of resolving issues. Individuals are encouraged to work though the campus complaint process first before escalating issues to any of the following resources. The California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office identified issues that are not resolved at the campus level may be presented to: