California State University – Admission Requirements for Transfers
Students who transfer with 59 or fewer transferable semester units are considered lower-division transfer students.
Students who transfer with 60 or more transferable semester units are considered upper-division transfer students.
Lower Division Transfer Admission Requirements
You are eligible if you:
- Have a college GPA of 2.0 or better in all transferable units attempted.
- Are in good standing at the last college or university attended.
- Meet the admission requirements for a first-time freshman or have successfully completed necessary courses to make up the deficiencies you had in high school if you did not complete the 15-unit pattern of college preparatory subjects.
- Meet the eligibility index (GPA and SAT/ACT scores) required for a freshman.
- Some campuses may require the completion of English composition and general education math.
- Many campuses do not admit lower-division transfers.
Upper Division Transfer Admission Requirements
You are eligible for admission if you:
- Have a college GPA of 2.0 or better (2.4 for non-California residents) in all transferable coursework.
- Are in good standing at the last college attended.
- Have completed or will complete prior to transfer at least 30 semester units of courses equivalent to general education requirements with a grade of C or better in each course. The 30 units must include the general education requirements in communication in the English language (English composition, oral communication and critical thinking) and one course of at least three units in college-level mathematics.