Academic Catalogs

Admission Procedures for Four-Year Colleges and Universities

Students should take the following steps in applying for admission:

  1. Apply to the four university during the open application filing period.
  2. It is important to check individual four-year university websites and emails regularly for any communication from four-year universities as well as any document deadlines.
  3. If entrance exams (SAT, ACT) are required, visit the College Board(SAT) or  ACT to get more information regarding testing schedule and registration. If you have more specific questions regarding the SAT/ACT contact the four-year university directly.
  4. If taken AP/IB/CLEP, then request official copies by visiting the appropriate website (AP, IB or  CLEP) and have it sent directly to the four-year university.
  5. Request a copy of your Orange Coast College transcript to be sent to the college to which you plan to transfer based on four-year university request/document deadlines. Four-year universities REQUIRE transcripts of coursework completed at all other educational institutions.

Note:  Students must contact each college attended and request that official transcript be sent directly to the four-year university. If courses taken at Orange Coast College, Golden West College and/or Coastline Community College, remember to request official transcripts from EACH individual campus to be sent to the four-year university.