Admission Procedures for Four-Year Colleges and Universities
Students should take the following steps in applying for admission:
- Apply to the four university during the open application filing period.
- It is important to check individual four-year university websites and emails regularly for any communication from four-year universities as well as any document deadlines.
- If entrance exams (SAT, ACT) are required, visit the College Board(SAT) or ACT to get more information regarding testing schedule and registration. If you have more specific questions regarding the SAT/ACT contact the four-year university directly.
- If taken AP/IB/CLEP, then request official copies by visiting the appropriate website (AP, IB or CLEP) and have it sent directly to the four-year university.
- Request a copy of your Orange Coast College transcript to be sent to the college to which you plan to transfer based on four-year university request/document deadlines. Four-year universities REQUIRE transcripts of coursework completed at all other educational institutions.
Note: Students must contact each college attended and request that official transcript be sent directly to the four-year university. If courses taken at Orange Coast College, Golden West College and/or Coastline Community College, remember to request official transcripts from EACH individual campus to be sent to the four-year university.