International Business, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_IBUS
Control Number: 08617
Complete the International Business Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
- Function effectively in an entrepreneurial, managerial, or entry-level international business position using the skills, tools and principles they have acquired.
- Effectively apply the international business principles they have learned to effectively facilitate international business transactions in a variety of settings.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|BUS A100/A100H||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS A118/A118H||Introduction to International Business||3|
|BUS/MGMT A239||Professional Communication||3|
|MKTG A100||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|MKTG A110||Professional Selling||3|
|MKTG A130||Principles of Advertising||3|
|MKTG A150/A150H||International Marketing||3|
|Program Major Units||21|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|