Academic Catalogs

Admissions Eligibility

Admission to OCC is granted to those applicants who meet one of the following requirements:

  • High school graduation
  • Certificate of Proficiency or a G.E.D. from the State of California
  • 18 years of age and who, in the judgment of College officials, are capable of profiting from instruction at the College
  • Enrollment in the 9th through 12th grade, and recommendation for advanced academic or vocational college-level study

Students enrolled as 9th through 12th-grade students may enroll for courses at Orange Coast College as special part-time students under provisions of the Education Code, sections 76001 or 76001.5, and in accordance with the District’s policy (BP 5010AP 5010) and the following guidelines:

  • Students must be enrolled as 9th through 12th-grade students at their schools
  • The course is an advanced academic or vocational experience for the student and not available at their regular school
  • Students must have the "Dual Enrollment Form" completed, signed by the parent and high school principal or designee, recommending a specific course(s) and submit the completed "Dual Enrollment Form" to the Enrollment Center for processing. Students must meet any and all prerequisite and co-requisite course requirements prior to enrollment.  Please visit the OCC website for more information. 

Students enrolled in an Adult Education Program administered by a school district or noncredit program administered by a Community College district that are pursuing a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate, and receive the recommendation of the administrator of the student's Adult Education Program or administrator of the noncredit program of attendance, are eligible to attend Orange Coast College as special part-time students under these provisions approved by SB-554. 

Special part-time students may enroll in a maximum of 11.5 units per term (6 units max in Summer session) 

International students who are, or intend to be, under F-1 visa status should visit the Global Engagement Center website for entrance requirements at Global Engagement Center International Admissions. Students with B1 or B2 visa status are not eligible to enroll in a course of study, but may enroll into non-credit courses.


An application for admission is required for all students. Application forms may be accessed through the OCC website at International students should contact the Global Engagement Center regarding admission to the College at (714) 432-5940, or by email at, or at Global Engagement Center International Admissions.

Acceptance of Transfer Credit/Transcripts from Other Colleges

Please see the Previously Completed College Coursework section of this catalog for further information about acceptance of transfer credit from other institutions.