Studio Arts, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_ARTS
Control Number: 32536
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Studio Arts AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The program will provide an opportunity to develop all the skills necessary to be successful in the field of art. Students build confidence in their abilities and the quality of their professional portfolios. They participate in rigorous problem solving and conceptual assignments to develop critical thinking, creative problem solving and aesthetic understanding skills. This major introduces students to foundation, history and technical knowledge of many facets of Art.
- Display competence in the use of tools, materials and concepts by completing a portfolio of original art and design projects.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate works of art and design through critical discussion and written assignments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the contribution of art and design to human experience.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|ART A101/A101H||History and Appreciation of Western Art: Proto-Renaissance through Post Impressionism||3|
|ART A110||Color and Design: Two-Dimensional||3|
|ART A111||Color and Design: Three-Dimensional||3|
|ART A120/A120H||Beginning Drawing||3|
|History and Appreciation of Western Art: Prehistory Through Gothic|
and Honors History and Appreciation of Western Art: Prehistory Through Gothic
|or ART A103||Survey of Asian Art|
|Select three of the following:||9-10|
|Life Drawing 1|
or ART A124
|Life Sculpture 1|
|Story Illustration Techniques|
|Screen Process Printing|
|Introduction to Computer Graphics|
|Introduction to Photography|
|Program Major Units||24-25|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirements||Varies|