Art History, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_ARTH
Control Number: 32532
Students graduating with an Associate in Art History for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Art History AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The Associate in Arts in Art History Transfer Degree educates students on the history of art and its function as a global language. Courses are designed to foster an understanding of visual communication through study in context, culture, social, political, economic and religious conditions in different historical eras.
- Read,write, interpret and understand the major movements and concepts in art history.
- Conduct original research in the history of art.
- Understand the significance and application of art historical styles, Cultures, artist and relevant vocabulary in art and design.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|ART A100/A100H||History and Appreciation of Western Art: Prehistory Through Gothic||3|
|ART A101/A101H||History and Appreciation of Western Art: Proto-Renaissance through Post Impressionism||3|
|ART A120/A120H||Beginning Drawing||3|
|Core Courses Subtotal||9|
|ART A103||Survey of Asian Art||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Color and Design: Two-Dimensional|
|Color and Design: Three-Dimensional|
|Life Drawing 1|
|Screen Process Printing|
|Introduction to Computer Graphics|
|Introduction to Photography|
|Select one of the following or any course from List A or B not previously taken:||3-5|
|Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology|
|History of Architecture 1|
|History of Architecture 2|
|Introduction To Art|
|Women in Art|
|Appreciation Of Dance|
|Introduction to Creative Writing|
|Contemporary Ethnic America|
|The Ethnic Family|
|History and Appreciation of the Cinema|
|Elementary French 1|
|Elementary German 1|
|Ethnic Groups of the United States: Their Histories|
|History of the United States to 1876|
|History of the United States Since 1876|
|Introduction to the Humanities|
|Elementary Italian 1|
|Elementary Japanese 1|
|History and Appreciation of Western Classical Music|
|Introduction to Philosophy|
|Elementary Spanish 1|
|Introduction to Theatre|
|Elementary Vietnamese 1|
|Program Major Units||9-12|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|