Business Administration, Certificate of Achievement
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_CT_BSAD
Control Number: 22372
The Business Administration program is designed to provide the opportunity for the transfer business major to achieve an Associate in Science degree. Students are advised to check course transferability for the school to which they intend to transfer.
- Function effectively in entry-level business positions or at a four-year college business program using the skills, principles, and tools they have acquired.
- Effectively apply and utilize the business principles and techniques they have learned in a business environment or at a four-year college business program.
- Demonstrate effective written and/or oral skills.
Orange Coast College offers two types of certificate awards in career programs designed to prepare the graduate to enter a particular field of employment. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the certificate must be completed at OCC.
- Certificate of Achievement - 8 units or more in a state-approved program. Certificates of Achievement are not automatically awarded. A petition must be filed in Enrollment Services or online at the beginning of the semester in which the student will be completing his or her final requirements. The petitioning periods are listed in the Graduation Requirements section of this catalog.
- Certificate of Specialization - 16 units or less in a locally approved program. Certificates of Specialization are not automatically awarded, not printed on official academic transcripts, and there is no acknowledgment of completion given at graduation. Please contact the division for details regarding the submission of petitions as procedures for each division vary. Most division offices prefer that students complete all of the required courses and then provide a copy of the transcript while some divisions allow petitions for Certificates of Specialization before finishing.
Minimum Grade Requirement
In order to be awarded a certificate, students are required to obtain a grade of “C” or better in all program-required courses. Grades of “CR” or “P” will be accepted whereas “CR” or “P” meets the equivalency of a “C” or better. A list of certificate programs can be found in the Programs A-Z section of this catalog. Check with a counselor to determine the requirements for completion.
|ACCT A101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT A102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS A100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS A110||Business Law||3|
|BUS A139||Business Communication||3|
|CIS A111||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
|MATH A160||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|or PSYC A160||Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences|
|Select one of the following:||4-5|
|Calculus 1 Honors|
|Calculus 1 and 2 Honors|