Business Administration, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_BSAD
Control Number: 16910
The Business Administration program is designed to provide the opportunity for the transfer business major to achieve an Associate in Science degree. Students are advised to check course transferability for the school to which they intend to transfer.
- Function effectively in entry-level business positions or at a four-year college business program using the skills, principles, and tools they have acquired.
- Effectively apply and utilize the business principles and techniques they have learned in a business environment or at a four-year college business program.
- Demonstrate effective written and/or oral skills.
Complete the Business Administration Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|ACCT A101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT A102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS A100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS A110||Business Law||3|
|BUS A139||Business Communication||3|
|CIS A111||Introduction to Computer Information Systems||3|
|MATH A160||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|or PSYC A160||Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences|
|Select one of the following:||4-5|
|Calculus 1 Honors|
|Calculus 1 and 2 Honors|
|Minimum Program Major Units||34-35|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|