Business Administration, Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AST_BSAD
Control Number: 32086
Students graduating with an Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Business Administration AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
- Function effectively in entry-level business positions or at a four-year college business program using the skills, principles, and tools they have acquired.
- Demonstrate effective written and/or oral skills.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|ACCT A101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT A102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS A110||Business Law||3|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|Finite Mathematics with Applications|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Introduction to Business|
or BUS A139
|Introduction to Computer Information Systems|
|Program Major Units||27|
|CSU General Education (CSU-GE or IGETC) Units||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|