Business Administration 2.0, Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T)
Banner Code: 1_AST_BSAD2
Control Number: 41373
Financial Aid Eligible
Students graduating with an Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer Degree are well-positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Business Administration 2.0 AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework and a minimum grade of “C” (or “P”) for each course in the major. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
- Function effectively in entry-level business positions or at a four-year college business program using the skills, principles, and tools they have acquired.
- Demonstrate effective written and/or oral skills.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C (or “P”) or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
- A minimum of 12 units in residence at OCC.
|ACCT A101||Financial Accounting||4|
|or ACCT A101H||Financial Accounting Honors|
|ACCT A102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|or ACCT A102H||Managerial Accounting Honors|
|or ECON A170H||Microeconomics Honors|
|or ECON A175H||Macroeconomics Honors|
|BUS A110||Business Law||3|
|or BUS A110H||Business Law Honors|
|MATH A140||Business Calculus||4|
|or MATH A155||Finite Mathematics with Applications|
|MATH A160||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|BUS A100/A100H||Introduction to Business||3|
|or BUS A139||Business Communication|
|Program Major Units||28|
|Total Units that may be double-counted||9|
|CSU General Education (CSU-GE or IGETC) Units||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||2-4|