Goals and Objectives
The college Master Plan is available online at: http://www.orangecoastcollege.edu/about_occ/office_of_the_president/College%20Documents/Educational%20Master%20Plan%202016-2021.pdf#search=master%20plan. Below are the five college goals from the plan.
Goal 1: Community – Foster a culture that serves, engages and connects the campus to the local and global community.
- Objective 1: Promote an inclusive college environment and intercultural understanding, to enable a stable society and the ability of graduates and employees to work in a diverse, culturally rich environment.
- Objective 2: Develop and encourage faculty, staff, management and student engagement in global and international experiences, and facilitate a means to bring those experiences back to campus.
- Objective 3: Develop, expand and institutionalize community and industry connections
Goal 2: Learning – Ensure students receive a quality education to become self-directed and successful lifelong learners.
- Objective 1: Increase completion rates for a wide range of students from a wide-range of backgrounds while preserving access and enhancing quality.
- Objective 2: Implement a comprehensive approach for the development of integrated academic and support services to holistically address the needs of students.
- Objective 3: Strengthen the scheduling processes for program/discipline pathways and learning practices to increase student goal completion.
- Objective 4: Foster adaptable, innovative learning environments.
Goal 3: Access – Create equitable access through effective and innovative pathways and programs that result in increased student success.
- Objective 1: Adapt basic skills instruction and support processes to increase skill development, and accelerate college level preparedness.
- Objective 2: Assist students by creating a coordinated K-12, OCC and four-year academic seamless pathway to degree and job attainment.
- Objective 3: Increase completion rates for students from diverse social and academic backgrounds and eliminate academic achievement gaps.
Goal 4: Stewardship – Sustain, improve and create programs, physical and human resources, and infrastructure through processes that ensure accountability, continuous improvement, and long-term viability.
- Objective 1: Model and embed environmental sustainability practices within College instruction and programs.
- Objective 2: Develop and maximize financial resources to benefit OCC students and programs.
- Objective 3: Cultivate human potential to advance our mission and enhance the quality of the work and personal lives of our employees.
- Objective 4: Promote an open environment with rigor, transparency, continuous improvement, and recognition of collaboration and individual achievement.
- Objective 5: Enhance services and instruction through the use of self-directed, intuitive on-line technology.
Goal 5: Student and Employee Engagement – Promote active and collaborative participation leading to meaningful connections among people, places and ideas within the College.
- Objective 1: Create structured opportunities for student engagement within curriculum, co-curricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Objective 2: Develop programs to promote faculty and student interaction, along with team and community building that advances the mission of the College.
- Objective 3: Support the development of students and employees as individuals, and as community members.