Academic Catalogs

Independent Colleges and Universities Admission Requirements

In addition to state supported colleges and universities in California, there are many independent institutions. Each of these institutions has its own unique requirements for admission. Many independent colleges and universities accept either CSUGE or IGETC in lieu of their own general education requirements. In order to determine eligibility, and use of CSUGE or IGETC, students should check the school catalog and consult with a GWC counselor.

Students can also visit the website for the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities: