Academic Catalogs


Each college or university will determine the requirements for their degrees. These requirements will vary by campus and by major. Many universities will also either recommend or require completion of introductory and/or prerequisite coursework in the majors prior to transfer. An articulation agreement, sometimes referred to as a transfer course agreement, is an agreement with a four-year institution that specifies which Golden West College courses may be transferred to meet general education, elective, or/and major requirements. These agreements are campus specific, and at times, may require completion of an entire sequence of courses at the same college for transfer credit. Students can obtain articulation agreements for specific majors from a counselor, the Transfer Center, or online at ASSIST provides access to the most current articulation agreements between UC, CSU, and California Community Colleges. ASSIST includes information about credit for CSU GE Breadth requirements, IGETC requirements, major preparation and transferable course agreements. Articulation agreements are updated throughout the year, so check ASSIST periodically to ensure that you have the most current information about transfer credit.


To get the most up-to-date major prep information, go to ASSIST. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California. ASSIST does not take the place of a counselor. It is intended to help students and counselors work together to establish an appropriate path toward transferring from a California community college to a public California university. Check ASSIST periodically for any changes regarding articulation, including new transferable courses, new general education courses, and new or revised major preparation and transfer requirements.