Studio Arts, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer
Banner code: 2_AAT_SA
Financial aid: Eligible
The Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer in Studio Arts focuses on visual literacy and provides students with the opportunity to develop skills that are needed to be successful in the visual arts. Students build both their confidence and their portfolios while participating in rigorous problem solving and conceptual assignments. The major introduces students to the foundations, history, and technical knowledge of Art. Students acquire the skills to build a diverse contemporary program that promotes critical thinking, creative problem solving, and aesthetic understanding. Students will be prepared for a baccalaureate degree in Studio Art.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills to undertake a conceptual analysis of art.
- Understand and apply concepts and methods of composition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of significant examples of the Visual Art.
- Design and plan finished works of art.
- Create or manufacture finished works of art based on initial designs.
Associate Degree for Transfer Graduation Requirements
Associate Degrees for Transfer require students to meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of degree-applicable courses,
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0,
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “P”) for each course in the major, and
- Completion of IGETC and/or CSU GE-Breadth.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|Required Courses — Core|
|ART G106||Art History and Appreciation 2 - Renaissance to Present||3|
|ART G107||Color and Design: 2D||3|
|ART G109||Color and Design: 3D||3|
|ART G116||Drawing 1||3|
|ART G103||History of Asian Art||3|
|or ART G105||Art History and Appreciation 1 - Prehistoric to Renaissance|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|ART G117||Drawing 2||3|
|or ART G118||Life Drawing 1|
|ART G121||Ceramics 1||3|
|ART G122||Ceramics 2||3|
|ART G130||Painting 1||3|
|ART G131||Painting 2||3|
|ART G142||Sculpture 1||3|
|ART G150||Printmaking 1||3|
|PHOT G120||Darkroom Photography 1||3|
|GE Pattern (CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC)||37-39|
|Total units that may be double counted||3-6|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units) 1||0-5|
Credit earned in AAT