Theatre Arts, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_THEA
Control Number: 32081
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Theatre Arts AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamental performance and technical production processes for the theatre arts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical and cultural dimensions of theatre, including the works of leading playwrights, actors, directors, and designers, develop a clear understanding of the interaction between script, actor, and audience and the areas of scenery, lighting, sound and costume.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|THEA A101||Introduction to History and Literature of the Theatre||3|
|THEA A106||Acting Fundamentals||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Drama Rehearsal and Performance - Beginning|
|Comedy Rehearsal and Performance - Beginning|
|Musical Theatre Rehearsal and Performance - Beginning|
|Technical Theatre Practicum|
|Select three courses from above core courses not yet taken or of the following:||9|
|Theatre Laboratory Level 1|
|Program Major Units||18|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|