Architectural Design 1, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_ARCD
Control Number: 03955
Complete the Architectural Design 1 Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
This certificate may be completed with no required textbook costs. All required courses will have at least one section each semester that has either an online textbook provided to you free of charge or no required textbook. Most of the restricted electives are also textbook cost free. You may be required to purchase other course supplies for these classes. You may also choose to purchase a print copy of any of these texts if you wish.
- An entry-level professional position at an architectural or related design office.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|ARCH A105||Architectural Drawing and Design Visualization 1||2|
|ARCH A110||Introduction to Architecture||2|
|ARCH A155||BIM 1 for Architecture||2|
|ARCH A115||Architectural Design and Theory 1||4|
|ARCH A180||Architectural Construction Documents||4|
|ARCH A205||Architectural Drawing and Design Visualization 2||3|
|Architectural Design Restricted Elective(s) ARCH (see list)||2|
Architectural Design 1 Restricted Electives
No course may be applied to more than one Architectural Design award.
|ARCH A101||Introduction to Environmental Sustainability||1|
|ARCH A104||Introduction to FrameCAD Steel Framing||1|
|ARCH A107||Tiny House Design||1|
|ARCH A121||FrameCAD Studio 1||2|
|ARCH A122||FrameCAD Studio 2||2|
|ARCH A150||CAD 2-D for Architecture 1||2|
|ARCH A156||BIM 2 for Architecture||2|
|ARCH A160||3-D Modeling: SketchUp 1||2|
|ARCH A162||3-D Modeling: Rhino 1||2|
|ARCH A165||Presentation Graphics||2|
|ARCH A167||Presentation Video 1||1|
|ARCH A170||Introduction to Design Fabrication||1|
|ARCH A171||Design Fabrication 1||2|
|ARCH A172||Design Fabrication 2||2|
|ARCH A201||Design/Build 1 for Architecture||2|
|ARCH A241||FrameCAD Workshop 1||2|
|ARCH A242||FrameCAD Workshop 2||2|
|ARCH A243||FrameCAD Workshop 3||2|
Elective courses not textbook cost free.
|Minimum Program Major Units||19|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|