Psychology, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_PSYC
Control Number: 30596
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Psychology for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Psychology AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The field of psychology addresses the scientific study of behavior and mental processes of humans and animals. Learning more about human behavior through scientific research methods is the focus of many psychologists, while other psychologists apply principles of psychology in areas such as psychotherapy, applied behavioral analysis, and industrial/organizational psychology.
This psychology program offers a comprehensive view of psychology by offering a variety of courses that will support transfer in psychology, while providing a foundational understanding of the discipline of psychology, the methods psychologists use to learn about behavior, and applications of psychological information to the world around us.
- Identify and describe major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|PSYC A100/A100H||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|PSYC A160||Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences||4|
|or MATH A160||Introduction to Statistics|
|PSYC A280||Introduction to Experimental Methods||4|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Life Span Developmental Psychology|
|Principles of Psychology|
|Cross-Cultural Psychology Honors|
|Select one course from above not yet taken or of the following:||3|
|Psychology of Personality|
|Psychology of Learning|
|Program Major Units||20|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|