Political Science, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_PSCI
Control Number: 31439
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Political Science for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Political Science AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The Political Science Department facilitates the success of general education students and political science majors by offering lower division courses in each of the sub-fields: American government, international relations, comparative politics, public law, and political theory. Political Science classes emphasize the importance of an informed citizenry, seek to instill the ability to analyze political phenomena in a critical way, and develop the communication skills to convey those analyses to others.
- Students will demonstrate an increased awareness of their rights and responsibilities to themselves and to their communities--local,regional, national and global.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|PSCI A180/A180H||American Government||3|
|Select three of the following:||9-10|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Introduction to Political Science Research Methods|
|Introduction to Political Theory|
|Introduction to Political Science|
|Select two courses from List A not yet taken or of the following:||6-7|
|Women, Politics, and Inequality|
|History of the United States to 1876|
|History of the United States Since 1876|
|Survey of Current Issues|
|Introduction to American Legal System|
|Program Major Units||18-20|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable elective as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|