Global Studies, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AAT_GLST
Control Number: 36032
Students graduating with an Associate in Arts in Global Studies for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Global Studies AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
Global Studies is an interdisciplinary course of study that provides students with an understanding of political, cultural, environmental and economic processes and their implications. The program introduces students to the study of global issues and perspectives while providing methodological tools and techniques for analyzing them at multiple scales (local, regional and global). Students will develop the skills for analyzing the impacts of globalization by applying diverse perspectives to current global issues.
By critically analyzing a variety of case studies, students will be prepared to participate in an interconnected environment and continue their studies in a variety of fields.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the historical evolution of globalization, the interconnectedness of economic, political and environmental processes and its positive and negative consequences.
- Students will apply knowledge to propose policies to address an issue of globalization.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|GLST A101||Introduction to Global Studies||3|
|GLST A102||Introduction to Global Issues||3|
|Select five courses from at least four of the following areas for a minimum of15 units:||15-19|
|Culture and Society Area|
and Cultural Anthropology Honors
|Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology|
|World History 1|
|World History 2|
|World Regional Geography|
and American Government Honors
|World Literature Through Renaissance|
|World Literature Since Renaissance|
|Intermediate French 2|
|Intermediate French 2|
|Intermediate German 1|
|Intermediate German 2|
|Intermediate Japanese 1|
|Intermediate Japanese 2|
|Intermediate Spanish 1|
|Intermediate Spanish 2|
|Program Major Units||21-25|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|