Construction Technology, Associate in Science Degree
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AS_CTBP
Control Number: 03979
Construction Technology A165, Construction Safety/CAL-OSHA, is required for any first earned Certificate of Achievement. It is recommended that all beginning, full-time students enroll in the following courses leading to a Certificate of Achievement.
Complete the Construction Technology Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience to identify, assess, and participate in many entry-level construction trades.
- Be prepared to work in the construction field in positions including, but not limited to work areas such as inspection, and hands-on skilled tradespeople.
Associate in Science Degree Requirements
- UNIT REQUIREMENT - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- MAJOR REQUIREMENT - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- MATHEMATICS REQUIREMENT - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
|CNST A165||Construction Safety/CAL OSHA||3|
|CNST A180||Building Construction 1||5|
|CNST A185||Building Construction 2||5|
|CNST A190||Blueprint Reading and Drafting||4|
|CNST A195||Residential Code||3|
|CNST A240||Specialty Trades||5|
|Program Major Units||25|
|AS General Education Option 1, 2, or 3||Varies|
|Transferable electives to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|
|Total Degree Units||60|