Real Estate-Broker, Certificate of Achievement
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_CN_RE
Control Number: 22380
Students who complete the Real Estate-Broker Certificate of Achievement are equipped with immediately marketable skills and also the coursework necessary to sit for the California Real Estate Broker’s Examination.
- Function effectively in an entry-level real estate position using the skills, principles, and tools they have acquired.
- Communicate effectively in personal organizational and real estate environments.
- Apply the real estate principles they have learned to effectively facilitate real estate transactions in a variety of settings.
- Be prepared to sit for the California Real Estate Broker’s Exam.
Orange Coast College offers two types of certificate awards in career programs designed to prepare the graduate to enter a particular field of employment. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the certificate must be completed at OCC.
- Certificate of Achievement - 8 units or more in a state-approved program. Certificates of Achievement are not automatically awarded. A petition must be filed in Enrollment Services or online at the beginning of the semester in which the student will be completing his or her final requirements. The petitioning periods are listed in the Graduation Requirements section of this catalog.
- Certificate of Specialization - 16 units or less in a locally approved program. Certificates of Specialization are not automatically awarded, not printed on official academic transcripts, and there is no acknowledgment of completion given at graduation. Please contact the division for details regarding the submission of petitions as procedures for each division vary. Most division offices prefer that students complete all of the required courses and then provide a copy of the transcript while some divisions allow petitions for Certificates of Specialization before finishing.
Minimum Grade Requirement
In order to be awarded a certificate, students are required to obtain a grade of “C” or better in all program-required courses. Grades of “CR” or “P” will be accepted whereas “CR” or “P” meets the equivalency of a “C” or better. A list of certificate programs can be found in the Programs A-Z section of this catalog. Check with a counselor to determine the requirements for completion.
|ACCT A100||Accounting for Small Business||3-4|
|or ACCT A101||Financial Accounting|
|BUS A110||Business Law||3|
|or ECON A175||Macroeconomics|
|RE A110||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE A120||Legal Aspects of Real Estate||3|
|RE A130||Real Estate Practice||3|
|RE A140||Real Estate Appraisal||3|
|RE A150||Real Estate Finance||3|