Academic Catalogs

Independent Study

For courses listed in this catalog, a student may prefer to take the course through Individualized Study because of special circumstances. This privi­lege is available only to students who have completed 12 units of course work at Golden West College with a GPA of 2.0 in all units attempted. Students may request a pe­tition in Admissions and Records. This pe­tition must be approved by the instructor who will supervise the individualized study, as well as by the Division Dean. Individualized Study petitions must be filed in Admissions and Records during the first six weeks of the semester.