Marketing, Certificate of Achievement
Banner code: 2_CN_MARK
Financial aid: Eligible
This program provides students with fundamental knowledge of marketing, sales, and customer service and prepares students that are pursuing further studies in the business and marketing disciplines. The curriculum delivers academic and career foundations for marketing and equips students with pertinent communication skills and related concepts, techniques, and technologies.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Express how the marketing discipline is focused on the practical application of marketing techniques and proper management of a firm’s marketing resources and activities.
- Describe how effective marketing influences the level, timing, and composition of customer demand in a manner that achieves a company’s objectives.
- Analyze and leverage market research, marketing strategy, marketing communication techniques, and technology.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Develop vital skills for effective business writing and communication that are necessary for successful careers in sales and marketing.
Certificate of Achievement Requirements
This certificate goes through the State approval process and requires a minimum of 12 units of coursework in a particular academic or occupational area. The certificate programs normally include only those courses which have a direct bearing upon specialized occupational competency since the objective of earning the career certificate is immediate employment in a specialized area. Upon successful completion of the program and completing the application, the student will receive the certificate and be recognized at the graduation ceremony. In order to earn a Certificate of Achievement all courses that apply to the certificate must be completed with a minimum grade of “C” in each course unless otherwise stated. A minimum of 12 units in residence at GWC is required, and 50 percent of the certificate program must be completed at GWC.
|BUS G100||Introduction To Business||3|
|MKTG G100||Principles Of Marketing||3|
|MKTG G135||Retail Management||3|
|MKTG G140||Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce||3|
|MGMT G155||Customer Service||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|BUS G130||Introduction To Business Writing||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|MGMT G110||Elements Of Management||3|