Marketing, Associate In Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_MRKET
Financial aid: Eligible
This program provides students with fundamental knowledge of marketing, sales, and customer service and prepares students that are pursuing further studies in the business and marketing disciplines. The curriculum delivers academic and career foundations for marketing and equips students with pertinent communication skills and related concepts, techniques, and technologies.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Express how the marketing discipline is focused on the practical application of marketing techniques and proper management of a firm’s marketing resources and activities.
- Describe how effective marketing influences the level, timing, and composition of customer demand in a manner that achieves a company’s objectives.
- Analyze and leverage market research, marketing strategy, marketing communication techniques, and technology.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Develop vital skills for effective business writing and communication that are necessary for successful careers in sales and marketing.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|BUS G100||Introduction To Business||3|
|MKTG G100||Principles Of Marketing||3|
|MKTG G135||Retail Management||3|
|MKTG G140||Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce||3|
|MGMT G155||Customer Service||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|BUS G130||Introduction To Business Writing||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|MGMT G110||Elements Of Management||3|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breadth, or IGETC)||18-39|