Liberal Arts: Emphasis in Business and Public Administration, Associate in Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_LABPA
Control number: 19436
Financial aid: Eligible
This program is designed for students who desire a broad knowledge of liberal arts and sciences, plus additional course work in an “Area of Emphasis.” This program would be an ideal choice for students planning on transferring to the California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC), as the student may satisfy their general education requirements plus focus on transferable course work relating to baccalaureate majors at these institutions. Because admission and major preparation requirements vary at each transfer institution, courses used to fulfill requirements for an emphasis should be selected with the assistance of GWC Counselor.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
Understand the place of business and technology within the global economy.
Critically apply ethical standards to business practices and decisions.
Develop skills to effectively administer, manage or lead organizations.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|Select a minimum of 18 units from two or more disciplines of the following:||18|
|ACCT G100||Introduction to Accounting||3|
|ACCT G101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT G102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS G100||Introduction To Business||3|
|BUS G101||The Mindset of Business Success||3|
|BUS G108||Legal Environment Of Business||3|
|or BUS G110||Business Law|
|BUS G130||Introduction To Business Writing||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|BUS G159||Legal/Regulatory Essentials for Starting a Business||1.5|
|BUS G121||Personal Finance||3|
|CS G130||Survey Of Computer Science/Information Technology||4|
|CJ G137||Community Relations And Special Issues In Criminal Justice||3|
|CJ G140||Introduction To Criminal Justice||3|
|CJ G146||Police Report Writing||3|
|ECON G110||Economic Issues and Policy||3|
|ECON G170||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON G175||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON G130||Environmental Economics and Policy||3|
|COMM G180||Introduction to Mass Communication||3|
|MGMT G110||Elements Of Management||3|
|MGMT G111||Human Resources Management||3|
|MGMT G130||Team Building And Group Dynamics||3|
|MKTG G100||Principles Of Marketing||3|
|MATH G140||Business Calculus||4|
|MATH G160||Introduction To Statistics||4|
|MATH G180||Calculus 1||5|
|MATH G185||Calculus 2||5|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breadth, or IGETC)||18-39|