Academic Catalogs

Financial Aid

Financial aid programs help bridge the gap between the cost of education at Coastline College and the financial resources available to students from their families, employment, savings, and other sources. Eligible students can benefit from state and federal programs that offer fee waivers, grants, loans, and work-study opportunities.

Coastline participates in the following programs:

  • The California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)
  • Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Cal Grants (Cal Grant A, B, and C)
  • Student Success Completion Grant
  • Federal Work-Study
  • California College Promise Program (also known as AB19)
  • Federal Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized)
  • Parent PLUS Loan

Federal Financial Aid Requirements 

All recipients of federal financial aid must meet the requirements listed below: 

  • In good academic standing
  • Be working toward an eligible degree or certificate
  • Have a high school diploma or GED
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA)

Note: Undocumented students are not eligible to apply for federal aid, but if determined to meet AB 540 requirements, they may be eligible to apply for state aid. See the California Dream Act website.

Academic Progress Standards 

California College Promise Grant (CCPG)

  • Students can lose their CCPG eligibility if they fail to meet the academic or progress standards for two consecutive primary terms (Fall & Spring). The academic or progress standards are established by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. For more information on the standards, please visit the Coast Colleges California College Promise Grant webpage (formerly BOG Fee Waiver).

Federal and Other State Programs

Useful Telephone Numbers and Websites

California Dream Act of 2011

Undocumented students who have been determined to meet AB 540 requirements may apply for state aid, such as the California College Promise Grant, Cal Grant, and Student Success Completion Grant by completing the Dream Act application. For more information and to access the application, please visit the Resources for California Dream Act Application webpage.

Correspondence Courses

Courses that are neither taught in the classroom nor online are generally considered correspondence courses. Students receiving financial aid are advised not to enroll in correspondence courses, as doing so may negatively impact the amount of financial aid they may receive. Unless your educational program requires you to take correspondence courses, we highly recommend enrolling in courses that are taught online or in the classroom.