Marketing, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_BUSM
Control Number: 23048
Financial Aid Eligible
The program consists of various concentrations that will prepare an individual to have an understanding of business practices and provides students with the opportunity to select specific courses to meet their professional or personal business goals. These concentrations will provide entry-level professionals with knowledge and skills to work in a variety of business environments.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information based approach.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|BUS C100||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS C110||Business Law/Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS C150||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|MS C100||Principles of Management||3|
|Complete 9-10 units of the following:||9-10|
|E-Commerce: Strategic Thinking and Management|
|Entrepreneurial Marketing and Operations|
|Information Systems, Programming, and Database Management|
|Introduction to Mass Communications|
|Work Based Learning|
or BUS C284
|Work Based Learning|