Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Certificate of Achievement
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CN_MSSB
Control Number: 20352
The small business sector is one of the fastest growing in the nation’s economy. With an ever-increasing number of adults today self-employed, many people either work for a small business or plan to start one of their own. Coastline’s entrepreneurship program can help prospective entrepreneurs launch new ventures or, if you are an entrepreneur who already has your business established, you can strengthen your managerial and business skills to grow your business.
You will learn the fundamentals of starting and operating your own business. The program includes basic business skills as well as specific courses in starting and managing a business. Course work covers evaluating a business opportunity, preparing a business plan, planning advertising and sales promotions, marketing a product or service, and managing the finances for the entrepreneurial company.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Effectively communicate solutions to business problems, using appropriate language and tools and demonstrating understanding of business terms and concepts.
- Analyze and recommend effective business decisions/solutions using a systematic, evaluative, and information-based approach.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multicultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing global environment.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|BUS C150||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUS C170||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Finance||3|
|BUS C180||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Plan||3|
|BUS C222||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Operations and Management||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Principles of Management|
|Human Relations in Business|
|Human Resource Management|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|ACCT for Non-Financial Managers, Entrepreneurs, Business Owners|
|Introduction to Business|
|Business Law/Legal Environment of Business|
|E-Commerce: Strategic Thinking and Management|