Academic Catalogs


Reclassification to resident status must be requested by the student. The appropriate Statement of Residence form along with the required proofs that establish both physical presence (minimum requirement of 12 consecutive months prior to the residency determination date) and intent to make California his/her permanent home must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office prior to the term in which the student wishes to establish residency. Although a minimum of two proofs are required for residency reclassification consideration, the burden of proof remains in the hands of the requestor. Therefore, the Enrollment Center reserves the right to request additional documentation in its efforts to determine California Residency for tuition purposes. For additional information, contact a Residency Specialist in the Admissions and Records Office at