Academic Catalogs

Incorrect Classification

A student incorrectly classified as a California Resident is subject to reclassification as a nonresident and payment of nonresident fees. If incorrect classification results from false or misleading statements, the student will be responsible for any fees associated with the incorrect classification. For evaluation of residency status, students must complete the Statement of Residence form and submit appropriate documentation as proof of California Residence (Sections 54012 and 54024 of AP 5015 Residence Classification) through the third week of the semester. The initial residency classification will be made at the time the student applies for admission. Students may file residency questionnaire forms through the third week of the semester to request a review of their residency status. Final residency determination is made by Admissions & Records.