Mathematics, Associate in Science Degree for Transfer (AS-T)
Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_AST_MATH
Control Number: 32235
Students graduating with an Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Mathematics AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Associate Degree for Transfer Requirements
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
|MATH A180||Calculus 1||4|
|or MATH A180H||Calculus 1 Honors|
|MATH A185||Calculus 2||4|
|or MATH A185H||Calculus 2 Honors|
|MATH A280||Calculus 3||4-5|
|or MATH A280H||Calculus 3 Honors|
|MATH A235||Applied Linear Algebra||3-5|
|or MATH A285||Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations|
|or MATH A285H||Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations Honors|
|Select one of the following:||3-5|
Any course not used in List A
|C++ Programming Language 1|
|Java Programming 1|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Introduction to Discrete Mathematics|
|Calculus Based Physics: Mechanics|
or PHYS A185H
|Calculus-Based Physics: Mechanics Honors|
|Program Major Units||18-23|
|CSU or IGETC for CSU||37-39|
|Transferable electives as needed to satisfy unit requirement||Varies|