Athletic Training Level 2, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 1_CN_KINAT2
Control Number: 43100
Not Financial Aid Eligible
The Athletic Training Certificate at Orange Coast College provides an educational and practical foundation for students interested in:
- athletic training
- physical therapy
- physical therapy assistant and physical therapy aide
- occupational therapy
- and occupational therapy assistant
Athletic Training Level 2 is designed to meet the growing need for qualified professionals in these fields. The Athletic Training Level 2 Certificate objective is to further prepare students for immediate entry and/or transfer into the allied healthcare fields and athletic training and pre-physical therapy majors at receiving universities. The required courses are a cross-section of required courses in nearby accredited athletic training and physical therapy programs. The required courses for this certificate emphasize rehabilitation, orthopedic assessment, components of fitness and wellness and how they relate to the rehabilitation of injuries, and the standards for medical documentation and medical terminology.
- Students will have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to be well-qualified applicants for undergraduate and graduate athletic training programs.
- Students will have the training and skills to function in a variety of employment opportunities including athletic training, physical therapy aide, physical therapy assistant and physical therapist. ASSESSMENT 2: Passing grades of C or better in proposed certificate classes will meet outcome goals.
- Students will have opportunities for employment and industry interface through partnerships with sports medicine clinics, and school districts, which currently have to train their own skilled staff at tremendous cost.
Review Graduation Requirements.
|KIN A202||Introduction to Kinesiology||3|
|KIN A270||Fitness and Health||3|
|KIN A277||Sports Medicine Practicum Level 3||2-4|
|KIN A278||Sports Medicine Practicum Level 4||2-4|
|ALH A111||Medical Terminology||3|
|Group 1 Electives (Choose two courses)||6-10|
|Algebra Based Physics: Mechanics|
|Preparation for General Chemistry|
|Principles of Chemistry|
|Introduction to Chemistry|
|General Chemistry A|
|Group 2 Electives (Choose two courses)||6-8|
|Nutrition, Fitness, and Performance|
|Stress Management Theory and Application|
|Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|Principles of Biology|
|Introduction to Statistics|
or PSYC A160
|Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences|