FrameCAD Steel Production, Certificate of Specialization
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 1_CE_FCSP
The FrameCAD Steel Production Certificate prepares students and working professionals for design file preparation, cold form steel(CFS) fabrication, CFS panel production and assembly, and preparation for project delivery. Course projects will use FrameCAD design software to produce custom projects using FrameCAD Factory software on a FrameCAD F325iT machine. Students will also be trained to maintain and operate the machine, prepare worksite documents, and learn to organize workflow safely. People with skills in this transforming industry command high salaries and will part of a new era of integrative design and construction.
- Successful students in this program will be able to safely manufacture steel frame custom components using a FrameCAD F325iTmachine and safely assemble the components into a structure.
- Successful students will be able to operate and maintain a FrameCAD machine and be able to document projects, materials, and machine records.
- Successful students will able to organize and schedule project workflow to utilize the machine and workers efficiently and safely.
Orange Coast College offers two types of certificate awards in career programs designed to prepare the graduate to enter a particular field of employment. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the certificate must be completed at OCC.
- Certificate of Achievement - 8 units or more in a state-approved program. Certificates of Achievement are not automatically awarded. A petition must be filed in Enrollment Services or online at the beginning of the semester in which the student will be completing his or her final requirements. The petitioning periods are listed in the Graduation Requirements section of this catalog.
- Certificate of Specialization - 16 units or less in a locally approved program. Certificates of Specialization are not automatically awarded, not printed on official academic transcripts, and there is no acknowledgment of completion given at graduation. Please contact the division for details regarding the submission of petitions as procedures for each division vary. Most division offices prefer that students complete all of the required courses and then provide a copy of the transcript while some divisions allow petitions for Certificates of Specialization before finishing.
Minimum Grade Requirement
In order to be awarded a certificate, students are required to obtain a grade of “C” or better in all program-required courses. Grades of “CR” or “P” will be accepted whereas “CR” or “P” meets the equivalency of a “C” or better. A list of certificate programs can be found in the Programs A-Z section of this catalog. Check with a counselor to determine the requirements for completion.
|ARCH A104||Introduction to FrameCAD Steel Framing||1|
|ARCH A241||FrameCAD Workshop 1||2|
|ARCH A242||FrameCAD Workshop 2||2|
|ARCH A243||FrameCAD Workshop 3||2|