Business Administration, Associate in Science Degree for Transfer
Banner code: 2_AST_BSAD
Financial aid: Eligible
The Associate in Science degree in Business Administration for Transfer is designed to provide students with the common core of lower-division courses required to transfer and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration. This includes business degrees with options such as accounting, finance, human resources management, international business, management, operations management, and marketing. The Associate in Science degree in Business Administration for Transfer (AS-T Business Administration) aligns with the CSU Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain the three major types of business entities by developing an organizational chart, a mission statement, a business plan, and a marketing plan.
- Identify and explain the laws affecting sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Identify and develop accounting systems used in sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between leadership and management as they apply to all organizations, private and public, including governmental and educational agencies.
Associate Degree for Transfer Graduation Requirements
Associate Degrees for Transfer require students to meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of degree-applicable courses,
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0,
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “P”) for each course in the major, and
- Completion of IGETC and/or CSU GE-Breadth.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|ACCT G101||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT G102||Managerial Accounting||4|
|ECON G170||Principles of Micro Economics||3|
|ECON G175||Principles of Macro Economics||3|
|BUS G110||Business Law||3|
|or BUS G108||Legal Environment Of Business|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|MATH G140||Business Calculus||4|
|MATH G160||Introduction To Statistics||4|
|Select two of the following:||7|
Any course from List A not already used
|CS G130||Survey Of Computer Science/Information Technology||4|
|BUS G100||Introduction To Business||3|
|or BUS G139||Business Communication|
|GE Pattern (CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC)||37-39|
|Total units that may be double-counted||9|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units) 1||2-4|
Credit earned in AST