Academic Catalogs

Application Procedures

Student progress is monitored and certificates and degrees may be awarded upon completion. To ensure a full review of your file, students are encouraged to petition for graduation in Admissions & Records according to the following schedule:

Application Procedures

Graduation Period AA/AS Filing Period ADT Filing Period
Summer July 1 – August 1 July 1 – August 1
Fall August 15 – November 15 August 15 – September 15
Spring January 15 – April 15 January 15 – February 15

Associate in Arts degrees are awarded only after spring graduation, but the graduation date is posted on the student’s transcript after the graduation period in which the Associate in Arts degree is earned. Please note that the filing period for the ADT is early in the term to allow for appropriate reporting of degree progress to the CSU E-Verify system. If a student is completing an ADT and misses the priority filing deadline, this will impact reporting to the CSU, and may jeopardize CSU admission. The student, however, can still file the petition to graduate until the AA/AS filing period closes.

Certificate of Achievement application may be made during the semester of completion. Filing deadlines are the same as for graduation, above.

Pre-graduation check: Students who have completed thirty units of college work may request a pre-graduation check.