College and Math Readiness, Certificate of Competency
Banner code: 2_NCH_CMAT
Financial aid: Not eligible
This noncredit program will prepare students to succeed in college level coursework and learn basic math skills. Students will be enrolled in both COLL G095N College Success and Readiness and MATH G003N Preparation for Elementary Algebra. Upon satisfactory completion of the two courses with a final grade of acceptable competency for each course, students will earn a Certificate of Competency in College and Math Readiness.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the culture and expectations of post-secondary education.
- Practice being responsible for the student's own college experience and develop a personal commitment to future goals.
- Apply college success skills and techniques to improve academic success.
- Describe student support services and explain how the student might use these services to overcome academic and personal obstacles.
- Identify and successfully complete operations on integers, fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals.
- Create equivalent simplified variable expressions and evaluate variable expressions.
- Solve linear equations.
- Construct simple mathematical models, and solve simple verbal problems.
Certificate of Competency Requirements
This award confirms that a student enrolled in a noncredit program has demonstrated achievement in a set of competencies that prepares students to progress in a career path or to undertake degree-applicable and non-degree applicable credit courses.
|COLL G095N||College Success and Readiness||18|
|MATH G003N||Preparation for Elementary Algebra||32|