Real Estate Studies, Certificate of Achievement
The certificate in Real Estate Studies is a comprehensive program that will provide the student with career opportunities. The program courses are designed to enable the student to reach his/her professional goals with the knowledge and skills to succeed in a rapidly changing real estate environment.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to take and pass the California Real Estate Sales and/or Broker License Exam.
- Guide and assist buyers or sellers with the purchase or sale process, including identifying and articulating issues, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, coordinating inspections and appraisals, negotiating sales price, and helping clients understand and select financing options.
- Be prepared to list, market, show, rent, lease and/or sell a property.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|RE C100||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE C110||Real Estate Legal Aspects||3|
|RE C120||Real Estate Practice||3|
|RE C130||Real Estate Appraisal 1||3|
|RE C140||Real Estate Finance||3|
|RE C160||Real Property Management||3|