Real Estate Broker, Certificate of Achievement
This is an overall comprehensive program that will provide the student with the requirements needed to become a State of California Real Estate Broker. The program courses are designed to enable the student to reach his/her course requirements to qualify for the real estate broker license exam. These courses also provide the basic background and information needed as a future employer of sales people in real estate.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to take and pass the California Real Estate Sales and/or Broker License Exam.
- Select and complete appropriate real estate forms, including listing agreements, purchase contracts, and cost sheets.
- Guide and assist buyers or sellers with the purchase or sale process, including identifying and articulating issues, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, coordinating inspections and appraisals, negotiating sales price, and helping clients understand and select financing options.
- Be prepared to list, market, show, rent, lease, and/or sell a property.
- Demonstrate ability to apply common knowledge of loan processing and underwriting.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Achievement
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|RE C100||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE C105||California Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending||3|
|RE C110||Real Estate Legal Aspects||3|
|RE C120||Real Estate Practice||3|
|RE C130||Real Estate Appraisal 1||3|
|RE C140||Real Estate Finance||3|
|RE C160||Real Property Management||3|
|RE C352||Real Estate Loan Processing||3|