Real Estate Property Salesperson, Certificate of Specialization
Not Financial Aid Eligible
Banner Code: 3_CE_REPS
The certificate in Real Estate Property Salesperson is an overall comprehensive program that will provide the student with basic skills needed to qualify for the State of California real estate salesperson license requirements. The program courses are designed to enable the student to reach his/her professional goals as a licensed real estate salesperson.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to take and pass the California Real Estate Sales and/or Broker License Exam.
- Select and complete appropriate real estate forms, including listing agreements, purchase contracts, and cost sheets.
- Guide and assist buyers or sellers with the purchase or sale process, including identifying and articulating issues, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, coordinating inspections and appraisals, negotiating sales price, and helping clients understand and select financing options.
- Be prepared to list, market, show, rent, lease and/or sell a property.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Specialization
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|RE C100||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE C120||Real Estate Practice||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Real Estate Legal Aspects|
|Real Estate Appraisal 1|
|Real Estate Finance|
|Real Property Management|