Real Estate Lending and Mortgage Brokering, Certificate of Specialization
The certificate in Real Estate Lending and Mortgage Brokering is an overall program that will provide the student with career opportunities. The program courses are designed to enable the student to reach his/her professional goals with the knowledge and skills in real estate to meet the current requirements in the field.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Be prepared to take and pass the California Real Estate Sales and/or Broker License Exam.
- Select and complete appropriate real estate forms, including listing agreements, purchase contracts, and cost sheets.
- Guide and assist buyers or sellers with the purchase or sale process, including identifying and articulating issues, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, coordinating inspections and appraisals, negotiating sales price, and helping clients understand and select financing options.
- Be prepared to list, market, show, rent, lease and/or sell a property.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. To receive the certificate, the student must file a petition for graduation during his/her final semester. In addition:
Certificate of Specialization
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline.
|Students will complete all of the following:|
|RE C100||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RE C105||California Mortgage Loan Brokering and Lending||3|
|RE C120||Real Estate Practice||3|
|RE C130||Real Estate Appraisal 1||3|
|RE C140||Real Estate Finance||3|