Vietnamese Language, Associate in Arts Degree
Banner code: 2_AA_VIET
Financial aid: Eligible
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of Vietnamese language, grammar, vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and Vietnamese speakers’ culture and apply it to communicate orally, using appropriate pronunciation on designated topics in public and in interpersonal situations.
- Integrate grammar, vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and culture to communicate in writing.
- Apply, clearly and effectively, vocabulary, grammar, idiomatic expressions, and culture to synthesize, analyze, evaluate, and derive meaning of implicit and explicit written materials.
- Apply knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, idiomatic expressions, and culture to accurately recognize and comprehend spoken messages in World Languages.
Associate Degree Graduation Requirements
- Completion of General Education Requirements by one of the following methods:
- Completion of a minimum of 18 units as listed under Areas A through E, including the Cultural Diversity Requirement.
- Completion of a minimum of 39 units of CSU General Education requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth.
- Completion of a minimum of 34 (UC) or 37 (CSU) units of Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements. Students who complete this pattern are also eligible to receive the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC.
- Completion of a Major or Area of Emphasis—a minimum of 18 units.
- Completion of additional elective units to a total of 60 units.
- 2.0 overall Grade Point Average at GWC and 2.0 overall Grade Point Average for all colleges attended.
- At least 12 units completed at GWC.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|VIET G180||Elementary Vietnamese 1||5|
|VIET G185||Elementary Vietnamese 2||5|
|VIET G280||Intermediate Vietnamese 1||4|
|VIET G285||Intermediate Vietnamese 2||4|
|GE Pattern (Local, CSU GE-Breadth, or IGETC)||18-39|