Kinesiology, Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer
Banner code: 2_AAT_KIN
Financial aid: Eligible
The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer degree is an integrated discipline that focuses on scientific, functional and mechanical processes of the human body. Students will learn and understand how to display increasing confidence and preparation in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to; sports medicine, exercise physiology, philosophy, sociology and psychology of sport, personal training, biomechanics, motor development and coaching. This degree will prepare students to pursue further study and achievement of a baccalaureate degree in the discipline of Kinesiology.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific, functional and mechanical processes of the human body.
- Apply strong verbal and writing communication both in academic and professional settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of movement and skill in a variety of sports and activities.
Associate Degree for Transfer Graduation Requirements
Associate Degrees for Transfer require students to meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of degree-applicable courses,
- Minimum overall grade point average of 2.0,
- Minimum grade of “C” (or “P”) for each course in the major, and
- Completion of IGETC and/or CSU GE-Breadth.
Students should consult a GWC counselor in order to select the best pathway to meet their educational goals. For students who intend to transfer, the choice of general education will be specific to both their major and transfer institution.
|Required Courses - Core|
|KIN G100||Introduction to Kinesiology||3|
|BIOL G220||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIOL G225||Human Physiology||4|
|Movement Based Courses|
|Select a maximum of one (1) course from any four (4) of the following areas for a maximum of three units:||3|
|PE G132||Pilates For Fitness||1|
|PE G173||Introduction To Weight Training||1|
|PE G181||Muscular Strength Training||1|
|PE G186||Activities - Basketball||0.5-1|
|Select two of the following:||7-9|
|MATH G160||Introduction To Statistics||4|
|BIOL G100||Introduction To Biology||4|
|CHEM G180||General Chemistry A||5|
|PHYS G120||Algebra Based Physics: Mechanics||4|
|KIN G101||First Aid/Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation||3|
|GE Pattern (CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC)||37-39|
|Total units that may be double-counted||16|
|Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 units) 1||14-18|
Credit earned in AAT