Red Hat Linux, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_RHLA
Not Financial Aid Eligible
This four-course certificate helps prepare students for the entry-level Red Hat Software certification exams. It also prepares them for either the CompTIA Linux+ or the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam. These are for entry-level System Administration positions. Courses are hands-on intensive and cover several technologies of Red Hat Software Distribution and the entry-level knowledge of either AWS services or other basic Linux Distributions. Students will demonstrate the ability to utilize, deploy and administrate Red Hat Linux services including Web Servers, FTP servers, authentication, and basic database administration. It also covers basic identity management, pricing, and budgeting. Upon completion of this certificate, students can expect to be prepared for Network Operations positions, System Administrator, and basic Cloud Administration positions at the associate level.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- In a computer lab setting, demonstrate the ability to implement, manage and maintain services in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux software suite. Describe the advantages of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Software Distribution. Recognize the main services used in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution.
- In a computer lab setting, develop new application playbooks using Ansible for containers under Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Automate normal functions in a secure manner for software containers.
- In a computer lab setting, demonstrate the ability to define different types of cloud computing models. Describe the six advantages of cloud computing, recognize the main generic service categories and core services, identify the business advantages for moving to the cloud and recognize container/cloud Infrastructure.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C198||Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations||3|
|CST C264||Introduction to Red Hat Linux Administration||3|
|CST C274||Red Hat System Administration 2||3|
|CST C275||Red Hat System Administrator 3||3|