Amazon Web Services Associate, Certificate of Accomplishment
Banner Code: 3_CE_AMZ
Not Financial Aid Eligible
This four-course certificate helps prepare students for all four associate level exams under the Amazon Web Services (AWS) academy. These are for entry-level Cloud Services positions. Courses are hands-on intensive and cover all aspects of cloud technologies. Students will demonstrate the ability to utilize, deploy and administrate AWS components including EC2, storage, database, virtual private cloud, high availability, automation, cloud-specific application development, identity management, pricing, and cloud budgeting. Upon completion of this certificate, students can expect to be prepared for Cloud Administrator, Cloud Analyst, Cloud Developer, and Cloud Practitioner positions at the associate level.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to define different types of cloud computing models, describe the six advantages of cloud computing, recognize the main AWS service categories and core services, identify the business advantages for moving to the cloud and recognize the Amazon Web Services Global Infrastructure.
- Develop new applications solutions and automate normal functions in a secure manner for cloud solutions within AWS.
- Explain concepts, terminology, practices associated with cloud architecture operations and troubleshooting of common cloud problems.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Accomplishment
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses but will still need to meet the overall unit requirement specified for the certificate.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline regardless of how many total number of units required for the certificate can be met by prior coursework.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C198||Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations||3|
|CST C295||Amazon Web Services Architect Associate||3|
|CST C296||Amazon Web Services Cloud Operations Associate||3|
|CST C297||Amazon Web Services Cloud Developer||3|