Information Technology, Certificate of Achievement
Banner Code: 3_CN_INFOT
Control Number: 20379
Financial Aid Eligible
This program provides students with a solid background in the field of information technology and computer networking. The program courses help students prepare for entry-level information technology positions, such as Network Administrator, Information Technology Support Specialist, and Computer Systems Analyst. Topics include computer networking fundamentals, computer and network security, introductory programming, server administration, and security policies and procedures. The program courses emphasize hands-on and technical writing assignments to help students develop in-demand skills for the information technology workforce.
Program Level Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to locate technical resources to solve problems with networking hardware and software.
- Demonstrate proficiency with various software packages to solve common networking problems to design and implement a workable solution.
- Build and maintain secure networks.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
A Certificate is awarded upon completion of the required coursework with a grade of C or higher in each course. A grade of P (Pass) is acceptable, however, the student must meet an overall GPA requirement of 2.0 to receive the certificate. To receive the certificate, a student must file a petition for graduation during their final semester prior to the application deadline as noted on the Coastline Graduation webpage.
Certificate of Achievement
Certificate programs are designed to prepare individuals to enter a particular field of employment or to provide in-service training to those already employed. Certificates of Achievements are majors that include 16 units or more and will be posted on the transcript. They may be used as elective units towards the A.A. or A.S. Degree.
- Student must be in attendance at the time requirements are completed.
- Students must also earn a minimum of 12 units of coursework at Coastline, excluding experiential credit.
- A student with prior experience may be excused from certain certificate courses.
- 50 percent of the certificate program’s units must be completed at Coastline no matter how the total number of units required for the certificate can be met.
|Complete the following:|
|CST C104||IT Fundamentals||3|
|CST C110||Computer Hardware and Software (A+ Essentials)||4|
|CST C128||Computer Networking Principles (Network+)||3|
|CST C158||Contemporary Operating Systems (Server+)||3|
|CYBR C101||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|CIS C157||Introduction to Python Programming||3|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|SQL Server Design and Implementation|
|MD-100: Windows 10|
|Configuring Windows Devices|
|Linux Operating System Principles (Linux+)|
|Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Foundations|
|CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks (ITN)|
|CCNA 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials|
|CCNA 3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation|
|Introduction to Red Hat Linux Administration|
|Red Hat System Administration 2|
|Red Hat System Administrator 3|
|Amazon Web Services Architect Associate|
|Amazon Web Services Cloud Operations Associate|
|Amazon Web Services Cloud Developer|
|Systems Analysis and Design|
|Units Required for Major||25|